My wonderful husband gave me a Kindle e-reader for my birthday last month. I love to read and am enjoying having an e-reader. I like to carry it in my purse, but wanted it to be protected, so I made a cover for it. Here’s how:
1. Using cotton (Sugar & Cream weight) yarn and a size K crochet hook, chain 26.
2. Beginning with the second chain from hook, single crochet in each chain stitch to end. This should now be a half-inch longer than the height of the Kindle.
3. Chain 1, turn, and single crochet in each single crochet. Repeat this step until the piece is twice the width of the Kindle plus three inches. Bind off.
4. Lay Kindle on piece about three inches from one end.
5. Remove Kindle, and fold remaining 2 – 2 ½ inches over other two layers.
If you would like a case like this and don’t want to make it yourself, you can purchase this Kindle Cover or request a custom Kindle Cover from Artistic Inspiration.
For more fun, creative ideas...